After completing an employee's evaluation, their ratings can help guide a manager or Admin as to what type of a development plan should be created and assigned to the employee. Ultimately, a Development Plan should assist the employee with becoming more proficient within a particular skill set, competency, behavior, etc.
Manage Development Plans
Go To: Modules>Talent>Succession Planning>Development Plans>Select Employee(s) to create and assign a Development Plan to>View>New Item
The same development plan can be assigned to multiple employees by selecting them from the drop-down menu.
Create New Plan
- Select New Item
- *Enter Development Objective – What is it you want them to accomplish
- *Description – Detail information for the employee to be able to read and understand what is being asked of them
- *Start Date
- *Check-In Date – Typically when the manager will meet with the employee to review progress and answer any questions
- Completion Date – When manager believes the individual has accomplished all they need to within this plan. Once completed, you can now view this form within the Employee Profile. Otherwise, you can view from their dashboard>Development Plan or under Development Plan to edit.
- *Email Reminder Schedule – Not available
- Percent Complete – Not required, but can be adjusted for a visual
- *What will success look like? – How will a manager determine when this employee has reached success with this plan.
- *Progress Measurement - options below
a. 360 Feedback – you could create a rater network to send out an evaluation to a group of individuals for feedback
b. Performance Review – results within their ratings on a performance evaluation
- *Feedback Person – Required and could be one person or a group of people